It’s hard to believe the Easter holidays have arrived again! This festive time can be very busy for everyone – from organising the kids, tying up loose ends at work, to preparing for the Easter Bunny’s arrival!
For those of you planning on travelling, it’s safe to say you haven’t given much thought on how your body will be affected, during the plane ride or long car trips.
Here are some tips that can assist your spine when travelling in a car:
- Take a regular break, between every 1-2 hours, to stretch and rest.
- If you already suffer from a sore back, use a lumbar cushion or a small towel, rolled up between your back and the chair for support.
- Loosen your muscles on a regular basis by tucking your chin in and rolling your shoulders back.
- Stay well hydrated
- Have your buttocks as far back in the seat as possible to reduce slouching.
Tips for the plane ride:
- If possible, choose an aisle seat to assist in regular stretching and walks throughout your flight. Try this every hour and always after sleeping
- If you already suffer from a sore back, use a lumbar cushion or small towel, rolled up between your back and the chair for support.
- When lifting your suitcase, remember to bend with your knees.
- Roll your ankles in circles and point and flex your feet regularly.
- Stay hydrated
- If possible, pack a supportive pillow, in your hand luggage to avoid injuring your neck.
For a more detailed guide on posture in the car feel free to check out our Mobile App for either Apple or Android Devices.